cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read tag - ST25RU3993

Bao Le Gia
Associate II

Hi,

I want to read a tag with my own Reader Circuit Board- st25ru3993. I use Nucleo L476RG as the master. which functions do I need to include in order to read a tag? I've tried and open the demo solution but it didn't work. Can someone kindly help me out?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cedric Dalban
ST Employee

Hello Bao,

The Demos building from scratch is part of our delivery process, I can confirm the demo project builds.

Looking at your traces, it seems your build environment is not correct.

Indeed, you have the message "The windows SDK version 10.0.17763.0 was not found. Install the required ....", meaning VS cannot proceed to the compilation/linking completion,

this explains why stuhfl.lib is not generated.

Could you please try to complete your build environment,

the demo will be running.

You can anyway have a look to the code related to Read process functions:

- setupGen2Config(): setup the full config for Gen2 access

- demo_gen2Read(): reads data on tag

you will at least understand how a read is completed with our API.

For your information, the next release 3.0.0.0 will provide Java, C# and python wrappers to ease the user development.

best regards,

Cedric.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Cedric Dalban
ST Employee

Hi Bao,

Could you please details what is not working with the demo ? Init, board connection, tag detection, tag access, tag content, other... ?

Please have a look to the provided demos into the STUHFL package (directory: ...\Applications\STUHFL_demo\STUHFL_demo),

and specifically to the functions:

The document ...\Documents\Application-STUHFL_demo.chm describes each test.

The read API (STUHFL_T_RET_CODE Gen2_Read(STUHFL_T_Read *readData);) is the API to be used.

It can read up to 16 bytes (MAX_READ_DATA_LEN) at a time (it will be 64 bytes in 2.4.0).

The parameter readData.bytes2Read is provided to specify how much bytes have to be read

and it returns how much where duly read (fields 'bytes2Read' and 'data').

So with the following piece of code you can read the 8 bytes (here assuming you read User bank and pwd is 00000000):

setupGen2Config(); // First setup the Gen2 config

STUHFL_T_RET_CODE ret;

STUHFL_T_Read readData;

readData.memBank = GEN2_MEMORY_BANK_USER;

readData.bytes2Read = 8;

readData.wordPtr = 0;

memset(readData.pwd, 0, 4);

ret = Gen2_Read(&readData);

// do whatever needed with readData.data 

Nota: I assumed you wanted to read Gen2 tags, procedure is equivalent for Gb29768 Tags (using Gb29768_Read())

Best regards,

Cedric.

0693W000008y4diQAA.pngwhen I tried to open the solution STUHFL_demo and build it. I encountered this problem. And I couldn't find the file stuhfl.lib anywhere.

Cedric Dalban
ST Employee

Hello Bao,

The Demos building from scratch is part of our delivery process, I can confirm the demo project builds.

Looking at your traces, it seems your build environment is not correct.

Indeed, you have the message "The windows SDK version 10.0.17763.0 was not found. Install the required ....", meaning VS cannot proceed to the compilation/linking completion,

this explains why stuhfl.lib is not generated.

Could you please try to complete your build environment,

the demo will be running.

You can anyway have a look to the code related to Read process functions:

you will at least understand how a read is completed with our API.

For your information, the next release 3.0.0.0 will provide Java, C# and python wrappers to ease the user development.

best regards,

Cedric.

Bao Le Gia
Associate II

thank you, I will try to rebuild it.

Prabhu1
Associate II

Hi

We have developed custom solutions based on ST25RU3993 we are using FW 1.5 version and SDK 3.0 is not functional. Let me know how to do compile and develop the GUI.

Do suggest how to use SDK 1.0 with the ST25RU3993.

regards

Prabhu