cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use X-NUCLEO-IHM17M1 expansion board with P-NUCLEO-WB55 board?

Mauro1
Associate II

Hello,

I would like to use X-NUCLEO-IHM17M1 motor control expansion board together with P-NUCLEO-WB55 board. I assume that there is hw compatibility but what is the mounting option to be used (I expect it is different with respect to NUCLEO-F401RE or others NUCLEO boards specific for Motor Control)?

Thanks a lot,

Mauro

4 REPLIES 4
Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @Mauro​ 

Did you install our STM32 Motor Control SDK tools suite?

Best regards

==

Laurent Ca...

Mauro1
Associate II

Dear @Laurent Ca...​ ,

thank you for your support.

For the coding part I plan to use just Simulink with STM32-MAT/TARGET in order to have full control over the implemented algorithm, so I will not make use of STM32 Motor Control SDK.

My main concern is to find the right hw setup ('mounting option') of the X-NUCLEO-IHM17M1 expansion board when connected to the P-NUCLEO-WB55 board.

The expansion board User Manual (UM2360, Section 5) only details the mounting options for the following boards:

• NUCLEO-F401RE

• NUCLEO-F302R8

• NUCLEO-F103RB

• NUCLEO-F030R8

but I would expect that a specific mounting option could be available for P-NUCLEO-WB55 to drive the right signals. This would let me test a remote motor control implementation over OpenThread wireless network.

Best regards,

Mauro

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @Mauro​ 

The NUCLEO-F401RE, NUCLEO-F302R8, NUCLEO-F103RB and NUCLEO-F030R8 boards are also by default the only ones referred in our internal documentations.

Regarding P-NUCLEO-WB55 board usage, did you have a look on UM2435?

Best regards

==

Laurent Capella

Dear @Laurent Ca...​ 

thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately UM2435 is focusing on BLE and 802.15.4 applications and do not mention motor control. Based on it I can just do the following comparison between Morpho connector on Nucleo-WB55 and Nucleo-F401RE (ref. UM1724):

0693W000008wMgvQAE.jpgwhere I highlighted any different signal. Nevertheless this is not enough to define how to setup X-NUCLEO-IHM17M1 stacked on P-NUCLEO-WB55 instead of NUCLEO-F401RE.

Best regards,

Mauro