cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 Nucleo Board for power consumption

sathvika
Associate

Hi,

I am looking for a STM Nucleo board which can support output voltage of 5V and parallelly can monitor the real time current graphs using any software (Ex: STM32powermonitor..etc). 

Currently I am using "STMICROELECTRONICS Expansion Board, STM32L496VGT6 MCU, Power Consumption Measurement, for STM32 Nucleo" which can support till 3.6v

I am ; looking for a similar board that supports 5v.

Please let me know if there is any.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @sathvika, to the community!

NUCLEO boards are used to develop your own hardware with the respective target MCU and, due to their flexibility, only contain the most necessary functions, such as the debug interface, few LEDs, buttons, crystals, voltage regulators or even an Ethernet PHY. The Terms of Use on the product website state that NUCLEO are not approved for any other use than development, especially not for productive use.

The NUCLEO boards can be supplied with 5V, which is then reduced to the required voltage of usually 3.3V with the aforementioned voltage regulator. As all STM32 can be operated with a maximum of 3.6V, no STM32 can output a voltage of 5V. However, you are free to develop the necessary peripherals via which the respective STM32 can control the external 5V, e.g. high-side or low-side drivers or even simple MOSFETs.

Hope that helps?

Good luck!
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

@sathvika wrote:

Currently I am using "STMICROELECTRONICS Expansion Board, STM32L496VGT6 MCU, Power Consumption Measurement, for STM32 Nucleo" which can support till 3.6v

You mean the X-NUCLEO-LPM01A ?

https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/x-nucleo-lpm01a.html

So you're looking for a similar product which can supply 5V, and do power consumption monitoring?

How about the STLINK-V3PWR ?

https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stlink-v3pwr.html 

Note that other chip makers also provide similar tools (but this is the ST forum) ...