cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GFX01M2 and GFX02Z1 display expansion boards. Enabling joystick functionality?

Al-E-Bags
Associate III

Hi all.

I recently purchased both of the above displays.  They are mounted on a NUCLEO-H503RB and a NUCLEO-U575ZI respectively.  Both NUCLEO boards are supported in TouchGFX Designer V4.24.0. So I should be good to go. 

I am proficient enough navigate the TouchGFX environment and produce working simulations, generate code for CubeIDE,  navigate CubeIDE/CubeMX etc. etc.  I am having trouble though, enabling the joystick button functionality in a working project.

I have done quite a bit of research, googling, reading documentation, watching YouTube videos and such but can not seem to find a step-by-step guide that explains clearly the steps I need to take to get the joysticks working. 

Let's say, for example, I want to use button '4' and button '6' on the joystick to switch between screen1 and screen2 on the display.  Should be simple enough!  Is there a suitable tutorial for this or, can someone offer their knowledge to help me achieve this? 

The TouchGFX documentation, specificaly the tutoral 'TouchGFX on Low Cost Hardware' targets both of the display expansion boards that I have, but really only touches the surface of the buttons implementation.  I need a more thorough example. 

Thanks         

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Al-E-Bags
Associate III

Solved!  I needed to pick the brains of an AI chatbot but I got there in the end.  From the tutorial I was following, the only file with a .touchgfx extension was opening the project itself.  I can't explain how *** I felt when I realised all I had to do was 'open with' a text editor of my choice!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Al-E-Bags
Associate III

Solved!  I needed to pick the brains of an AI chatbot but I got there in the end.  From the tutorial I was following, the only file with a .touchgfx extension was opening the project itself.  I can't explain how *** I felt when I realised all I had to do was 'open with' a text editor of my choice!