cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface Hardware button to highlight menu in screen

HR M.1
Associate II

Hi Team, 

I'm working on Touchgfx(TFT LCD - 240x320) for STM32H743BIT6 microcontroller.

I need to design a screen which contains list of menu options and need to highlight the respective menu with cursor pointing to it. 

Can anyone suggest how to interface a hardware button to highlight menus with cursor as shown in the below image 

0693W000008GVcoQAG.pngProvide some reference sample code or video links or document to work on it. 

Thank you

Harsha

2 REPLIES 2
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

To understand how to communicate between a hardware button and your UI you can look at the Backend communication article in the documentation and the provided examples. If you have the time I would advise following the official TouchGFX workshop from STmicroelectronics, the 11th section seems to be what you are looking for.

Karl did a couple of good videos a while back where he would fetch data from a sensor and use it in his UI, you can follow it and replace it with the inputs from a button. He uses an old version of TouchGFX but the backend communication process is the same.

I would also advise to look at Hans' youtube channel when you will integrate TouchGFX on your custom hardware.

/Romain

MM..1
Chief II

Menu isnt simple , i make it over more screens, but some sample code here

void Screen2View::curdown()
{
	scrollList1ListItems[cursorpos].selit(0);
	if (cursorpos < scrollList1.getNumberOfItems()-1)
		{
		cursorpos++;
		}
	else cursorpos=0;
	scrollList1ListItems[cursorpos].selit(1);
	scrollList1.animateToItem(cursorpos,14);
scrollList1.invalidate();
}

void Screen2View::curup()
{
	scrollList1ListItems[cursorpos].selit(0);
	if (cursorpos > 0)
		{
		cursorpos--;
		}
	else cursorpos=scrollList1.getNumberOfItems()-1;
	scrollList1ListItems[cursorpos].selit(1);
	scrollList1.animateToItem(cursorpos,14);
scrollList1.invalidate();
}

method selit(bool) is for custom container update...