cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L496ZG Nucleo Board to Control 7.8 inch Graphical display

Ajeth.11
Associate III

Hello

I am working On 7.8 Inch display With STM32L496ZG Nucleo board,The RAM Size of Board is 320KB , When I Declare the BMP Image Buffer In Program then RAM Overflow Issue , My Image Buffer Size is more then 600000. Anyone help me to solve the issue ?

13 REPLIES 13

Perhaps read the .BMP header, and then paint 1/8th of 1/10th of the display at a time so you don't need to hold the whole image at one time.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
MM..1
Chief II

7,8 inches is irelevant info, relevant is width pixels x height pixels x colorspace

and how interface to display is used

Ajeth.11
Associate III

Display Width and height is 1872*1404 and Display driver board interface is SPI

Can i Use SDRAM for store the Array of BMP Image?

Sure, but that seems a bit unnecessary if you have an image of some indeterminate size on a SD card already.

It would be simpler to read the file data in a piece-meal fashion, based on what's actually displable of the screen and will fit in the host memory as it transfers it to the screen's display buffer.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Ajeth.11
Associate III

Thank you for your answer

Any Example for the same of STM32L4- Nucleo ?

MM..1
Chief II

SPI LCD with own framebuffer is good for TouchGFX with PARTIAL framebuffer control.

But storing images for this big resolution is possible only on external medium.(your selected Nucleo dont have SDRAM or SDCARD) In internal flash you can store tiled and partial parts for GUI, but not fullscreen image.

Ajeth.11
Associate III

Can I Use External SDRAM For Storing Image ?

Sorry , that we dont help you , but your question is fail.

As first what you mean as BMP Image Buffer? BMP is pseudo for windows bitmap files, that can be coded in tens type of data.

As second when this is place for images, how is your plan to load images to RAM or SDRAM? Normal way is store images in FLASH and you dont need copy it to any RAM, for store, only you copy it to framebuffer to show. And this buffer to show can be RAM or SDRAM.

As third your resolution 1872*1404, when is used for RGB888, need 7,5MB for one image or framebuffer. But you write interface is SPI, then maybe display have own framebuffer internal.

And fifth your internal MCU flash is less as 7,5MB , then i write storing images for this big resolution is possible only on external medium.

Or i can add info , that with use LIBJPEG , you can use this format images in internal flash, and explode it to as you write BMP buffer...in SDRAM

When you plan manage SDRAM in code as arrays and see usage, add region to LD file and use it in code

Ajeth.11
Associate III

My Problem is i have STM32L496ZG Microcontroller with 1MB of Flash memory and 320 Kb of RAM, if i store image array into Flash then that is work for 1 Image perfectly , if i want to display multiple image one by one(10-12 image ) then how it is possible ?

Can you help me to figure out this problem.

your suggestion is very helpful for me.