cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STEVAL-SPIN3202 Over Current Fault and Connection failed

TReno.1
Associate

Hello,

I am using a STEVAL-SPIN3202 to drive a small BLDC drone motor with a big motor speed constant KV = 7500rpm/V (MakerFire D1104 - 7500KV).

I used Motor Control Workbench 5.4.4, CubeMX 6.0.1 and CubeIDE 1.4.0 to build the code.

After some trouble with FLASH size (resolved with the compilation optimization settings), I was able to download the code on the board.

I'm now facing an other problem ;

I am able to connect to the device through Motor Control Workbench but each time I use the "Start Motor" button, some errors appear.

The first I had was Over Current Fault. I tried to change some settings but I always had the same fault.

After some changes on the settings and the jumpers (I can't remember exactly which), I'm getting a new error :

I can connect as usual but when I hit the "Start Motor" button, I can see the measured speed increase (the motor still doesn't move) and the error "Communication is closed, the board doesn't response correctly" appear.

Here is the detail of the motor :

0693W000006FldsQAC.png 

I even tried to make a fresh start by creating a new project but now a new problem arrived : RAM section excessed by 8 bytes. And unfortunately I don't know how to get rid of it.

I was wondering about 2 more things ;

• How can we chose between FOC or 6Step algorithm ? Is it only by changing the jumper on the board or is there something to do on Motor Control Workbench ?
  • I have a warning saying "One shunt current sensing shall not be used with this motor (low inductance)"; STEVAL-SPIN3202 only has 1 shunt resistor, is it not possible to use 3 ?

Does anyone have an idea ?

So the 5 questions I have are about :

1. Over Current Fault
  2. Communication is closed, the board doesn't response correctly
  3. RAM section exceded
  4. How to chose between FOC or 6step ? (Only with jumpers ?)
  5. One shunt resistor only for STEVAL-SPIN3202 ?

Sorry in advance for this big post and all the questions.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Tristan

2 REPLIES 2
Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @TReno.1​ 

Sorry for the late answer.

Do you have still this problem to solve?

And just in case, if not, do not hesitate to share the final solution you found. Thanks by advance.

Best regards

Laurent Ca...

Dear @Laurent Ca...​ ,

I do still have this problem.

Best regards,

TReno