cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What will be the correct steps to modify the dts file (stm32mp157a-dk1.dts) and deploy to the deploy/images for flashing to sdcard

JLeun.1
Associate

My goal is to add i2c5 in the dts for userspace access however it is not visible at /sys/bus/i2c/devices. My steps are as follows:

1) bitbake virtual/kernel -c devshell

2) in new shell, modify the arch/arm/boot/dts/stm32mp157a-dk1.dts

3) in new shell, make dtbs or make stm32mp157a-dk1.dtb, and close the new shell

4) in original shell, bitbake virtual/kernel -f -c compile and bitbake virtual/kernel -f -c compile

5) build-openstlinuxweston-stm32mp1/tmp-glibc/deploy/images/stm32mp1/scripts/create_sdcard_from_flashlayout.sh ../flashlayout_st-image-weston/trusted/FlashLayout_sdcard_stm32mp157a-dk1-trusted.tsv and create the .raw for dd to the sdcard

However, with above steps seems the updated dtb file is not populated to the sdcard image. Am I missing some steps?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ArmandG
ST Employee

Hi @JLeun.1​ ,

Isn't it working by simply doing:

-Modifying your arch/arm/boot/dts/stm32mp157a-dk1.dts file

-bitbake virtual/kernel -C compile

(Your .dtb file is automatically generated in build-openstlinuxweston-stm32mp1/tmp-glibc/deploy/images/stm32mp1/kernel)

-Flashing the .tsv file with build-openstlinuxweston-stm32mp1/tmp-glibc/deploy/images/stm32mp1 directory as binary path

Regards,

Armand

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ArmandG
ST Employee

Hi @JLeun.1​ ,

Isn't it working by simply doing:

-Modifying your arch/arm/boot/dts/stm32mp157a-dk1.dts file

-bitbake virtual/kernel -C compile

(Your .dtb file is automatically generated in build-openstlinuxweston-stm32mp1/tmp-glibc/deploy/images/stm32mp1/kernel)

-Flashing the .tsv file with build-openstlinuxweston-stm32mp1/tmp-glibc/deploy/images/stm32mp1 directory as binary path

Regards,

Armand

Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @JLeun.1​ 

If a comment answer your question, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users to find that answer faster.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.