cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nucleo-wb55 virtualCOMPort error

JSanz.1
Associate III

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to create a BLE project as virtualCOMPort to start and after saving the setup wizard, when it compiles I get an undefined reference to `MX_BlueNRG_MS_Init and MX_BlueNRG_MS_Process'.

This functions are declared inside 'app_bluenrg_ms.c' thats appear in the folder group.

What could be wrong?

I join the screenshot on settings and error.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

Hi @JSanz.1​ ,

I have checked your ioc file, you need to select both Device X-Nucleo-IDB05A1 and WirelessBlueNRG-MS (configure it throught CubeMX interface), and it will be OK without errors.

It will be better if you use the latest version of CubeMX with the X-CUBE-BLE1 6.1.0 version.

Best Regards,

Khouloud

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

Hello @JSanz.1​ 

Could you please share your ioc file to check the issue?

Thanks

Khouloud

JSanz.1
Associate III

Hi Khouloud,

I have joined the ioc file as you proposed, thanks

Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

Hi @JSanz.1​ ,

I have checked your ioc file, you need to select both Device X-Nucleo-IDB05A1 and WirelessBlueNRG-MS (configure it throught CubeMX interface), and it will be OK without errors.

It will be better if you use the latest version of CubeMX with the X-CUBE-BLE1 6.1.0 version.

Best Regards,

Khouloud

JSanz.1
Associate III

Hi Khouloud,

As you suggested, I upgrade to the X-CUBE-BLE1 6.1.0 version.

I have checked both checks, one match to the WirelessBlueNRG-MS but I can't find the X-Nucleo-IDB05A1 and I supposed it should be the Device BLE1 Applications.

In the Platform Settings there appear a HCI_TL_INTERFACE that seems as if the BLE CPU2 needs to connect to Process CPU1 via external pins, becose there are no option to modifie.

Initially I thought that both CPUs were visible to each other, by internal shared resources.

Probably I misunderstood how it work.

I've joined a screen capture.

Thanks for your help

Josep

hi @JSanz.1​ ,

Yes, only the naming has been changed ( and some issues has been fixed).

Otherwise , you need to configure Platform settings to avoid any risk of problem.

Best Regards,

Khouloud

JSanz.1
Associate III

Hi Khouloud,

Thanks for your help,