cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlueNRG-M2 bootloader with Flasher Utility v4.0.0 Auto Baudrate functionality failed

mscot.1
Associate III

I have a BlueNRG-M2SA on a board with an STM32 Host. I can build and load projects onto the BlueNRG M0 using the SWD port with St-Link.

Next I tried to use the Bootloader via the Host - I have Host control of the Boot Pin, Reset & Uart.

I intended to use the Flasher Utility which I can connect to my Host, and wrote a simple Uart Relay to transparently transfer bytes between the Utility and the M0 via the Host. So the Flasher Utility thinks it is connected directly to the M0.

I assert the boot pin high and reset the M0 at the start to put it into Bootloader mode.

I tested the relay by using a terminal program to send 0x7F and receive back a 0x79 from the M0 - which is the start of the Bootloader Protocol according to AN4872.

However when I use the Flasher Utility it fails with "Auto Baudrate functionality failed" and does not appear to send 0x7F.

I note that this version of the Flasher Utility v4.0.0 does not provide the pop up

whereas the previous version, which is no longer available did.

I suspect this is the issue - how can i make the utility recognise I want Bootloader not normal flash read or write?

1 REPLY 1
mluba
Associate

I also have the same issue: Flasher Utility v4.0.0 + BLUENRG-M2 -  fails with "Auto Baudrate functionality failed". no pop up window with UART settings. When I use console and send 0x7F Bluenerg-M2 responds with 0x79.