cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to change the work space name

Trinu
Associate III

hi,

here i am using the stvd studio .i want to change my workspace name .

how can i change it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

If you open STVD you will find the path of the workspaces under File > Recent Workspaces. Let's assume the workspace is called WRKSPC1.

Within that path you will find two files for WRKSPC1, one with extension .STW, and another one with extension .WED, in our example WRKSPC1.stw and WRKSPC1.wed.

To rename the workspace to e.g. new_name_2 you have to do three steps:

1. rename WRKSPC1.stw to the new name, e.g. new_name_2.stw
  2. do the same with WRKSPC1.wed, in this case to new_name_2.wed
  3. open new_name_2.wed with a text editor, find there the line starting with title=ST Visual Develop (should be at the very bottom of the file) and change the filename there too, i.e. WRKSPC1.stw to new_name_2.stw

After that you can open STVD again and load your renamed workspace.

Does it answer your question?

Good luck!

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

If you open STVD you will find the path of the workspaces under File > Recent Workspaces. Let's assume the workspace is called WRKSPC1.

Within that path you will find two files for WRKSPC1, one with extension .STW, and another one with extension .WED, in our example WRKSPC1.stw and WRKSPC1.wed.

To rename the workspace to e.g. new_name_2 you have to do three steps:

1. rename WRKSPC1.stw to the new name, e.g. new_name_2.stw
  2. do the same with WRKSPC1.wed, in this case to new_name_2.wed
  3. open new_name_2.wed with a text editor, find there the line starting with title=ST Visual Develop (should be at the very bottom of the file) and change the filename there too, i.e. WRKSPC1.stw to new_name_2.stw

After that you can open STVD again and load your renamed workspace.

Does it answer your question?

Good luck!

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Trinu
Associate III

Thanks a lot Peter