cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QUAD SPI read not working

Devika Raju
Associate II

Hi all,

I am working with STM32L476RG and using ST32cubeIDE for developing project. I am trying to enable Quad SPI in my project . I am using MX25R8035FM1IL0 as flash memory. I followed the code in the software package of ST, but it is not working.

When i am reading from reception buffer i am receiving nothing.

my Quad SPI configurations;

• prescalar -2
  • flash size -14
  • fifothreshold- 4

i am using instruction , address and data on a single line. when i tried address and data modes with 4 lines, in the reception buffer i am getting value 136 in decimal

Rx and Tx callback are coming when i checked with break points.

I am unable to find the issue in my code .

can anybody help me?

This is the Reference code i used from ST: STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.15.0\Projects\STM32L476G-EVAL\Examples\QSPI\QSPI_ReadWrite_IT

3 REPLIES 3

Reading 0x88 suggests it is not in quad mode.

I'd bring the interface up in 1 and 2 bit​ modes, and in polled rather than interrupt.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Andreas Bolsch
Lead II

I'm afraid your description is far away from being useful. What does "i am receiving nothing" actually mean? Did you check signals with a scope?

4-line mode is sort of advanced topic. Try to get 1-line mode working first, and only if reading and programming etc. works in 1-line mode, attempt using 4-line mode. 136 = 0x88 probably indicates the flash doesn't drive the data lines.

Devika Raju
Associate II

Thank you for your reply.

i am receiving nothing means i am receving 0s in reception buffer . i didn't check signals with scope.

i will try your suggestions and come back to you