cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSM9DS1 offset

FPugl.1
Associate

Hi all,

I did a firmware in python for LSM9DS1 and I red the register 0x18 with autoincrement but I noticed that there is a offset in gyroscope for axis x,y,z. So I did the single reading for the register but there is always an offset. How can I do to delete an offeset?

2 REPLIES 2
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @FPugl.1​ , are you referring to a spurious zero rate level? Which offset value are you reading when the LSM9DS1 is a rest-state condition? Please consider that the G_TyOff typ parameter is ±30dps in case of a FS of ±2000dps (from p.12 of the datasheet), so if it is inside this range it is ok. you could enable a high pass filter on the gyro data acting on the CTRL_REG3_G (12h) register, on bits HP_EN for the high-pass filter enable and on the HPCF_G [3:0] bits for the gyroscope high-pass filter cutoff frequency selection. If you however don't want to filter DC components of the gyro data that could be part of the signal you want to detect and not to the offset, you could otherwise try to characterize this offset (especially if it is not drifting) and subtract it in post-processing via software. Regards

FPugl.1
Associate

Eleon thanks for fast reply- The answer is resulted very useful.

Thanks

Regards