cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeIDE - System environment variable on Ubuntu

MFo.1
Associate II

Hello,

I added to my system environment variable PATH paths to cubeIDE gnu tools and make tools.

export PATH="/opt/st/stm32cubeide_1.3.0/plugins/com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.make.linux64_1.1.0.201910081157/tools/bin:$PATH"
export PATH="/opt/st/stm32cubeide_1.3.0/plugins/com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.gnu-tools-for-stm32.7-2018-q2-update.linux64_1.0.0.201904181610/tools/bin:$PATH"

After that i set environment variables in cubeIDE as shown below:

0693W000001rOMCQA2.png

When i tried to compile the project i get following output:

13:16:16 **** Incremental Build of configuration Debug for project ble_peripheral_test ****
make -j2 all 
Cannot run program "make": Unknown reason

Error: Program "make" not found in PATH
PATH=[/opt/st/stm32cubeide_1.3.0/plugins/com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.gnu-tools-for-stm32.7-2018-q2-update.linux64_1.0.0.201904181610/tools/bin;/opt/st/stm32cubeide_1.3.0/plugins/com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.make.linux64_1.1.0.201910081157/tools/bin;/usr/local/sbin;/usr/local/bin;/usr/sbin;/usr/bin;/sbin;/bin;/usr/games;/usr/local/games;/snap/bin]

13:16:16 Build Failed. 1 errors, 0 warnings. (took 13ms)

From my observations it looks like, when cubeIDE imports system environment PATH, it is inserting semicolon (this delimiter is used in windows) instead of colon between each single path. And this causes this problem.

When i set PATH in cubeIDE environment settings as raw string and changed semicolons to colons, the project compiles well.

Some additional info:

1) I have to use system environment variables to configure this project, because i need to be able to compile this project under windows and linux as well.

2) It's not pure STM32 project. It's for rsl10 module.

3) Before i imported project to the cubeIDE i had to install GNU MCU Eclipse 4.7.2 plugin.

So is this a bug of cubeIDE or maybe i am able to change the delimiter somewhere in cubeIDE properties?

Or maybe you have any ideas how can i make this project os-independent without using system environment variables.

Regards,

mf

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Is there a file .settings/org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.prefs in your project?

The delimiter is defined there for some Eclipse CDT versions, not sure if CubeIDE uses it as well.

-- pa

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Is there a file .settings/org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.prefs in your project?

The delimiter is defined there for some Eclipse CDT versions, not sure if CubeIDE uses it as well.

-- pa

Hello Pavel,

I found this file in .settings directory. In my case it was exactly org.eclipse.cdt.core.prefs.

I changed the delimiter from ";" to ":" and project compiled successfuly.

Thank you for help 🙂

Best regards,

mf