cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the SPL is available for STM32G series?

Aatif Shaikh1
Associate III

Hello,

I had been working with many controllers from the STM32F series, and I like the standard peripheral library support very much. Now, as the new G series comes with better options, rich in memories and other peripherals, I wanted to know whether the SPL is available or not for the STM32G series?. Moreover, if it is not present, does anyone know anything about the development process of the SPL for the STM32G series?. If the development happen, I guess in future it will be much easier for the us users to switch over from one series to another =)

3 REPLIES 3
Imen GH
ST Employee

​Hello @Community member​ ,

For new products like STM32H7 and STM32G, there's no SPL.

The SPL was replaced by LL drivers in STM32Cube packages.

Best Regards

Jack Peacock_2
Senior III

You can always convert an SPL from the F4 or F0 family. I'm sure there are many unsupported SPL libraries out there for families ST never supported. Perhaps there's a non-commercial version someone can send to you. It's unfortunate ST won't provide a site to share these.

LL drivers are no substitute for the SPL. Peripheral support has gaps, plus the LL libraries carries the stigma of being designed by the same team that brought you Cube libraries.

Jack Peacock

ST isn't going to provide/support the SPL

If you want SPL equivalence on the STM32G series you're either going to have to port the portions which are critical too you, or find/fund other efforts.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..