cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does DK2 include NPU (galcore.ko)?

ChipHead
Associate III

Recently, I bought STM32MP1 DK2 board. Does DK2 board include NPU (Neural Processing Unit)? Can we use ​the NPU device via galcore.ko (Linux kernel module) to run deep learning network models on the DK2 board? Welcome to any hints and comments.

BRs,

Geunsik​

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @ChipHead​ 

Yes your're right, galcore.ko is the driver for the Vivante GCNANO GPU inside STM32MP157 but does not include NPU.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @ChipHead​ 

No STM32MP15 does not include NPU.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Dear Olivier,​

Thank you for your reply. I thought that STM32MP157C (DK2) include a Amlogic/Viavntea NPU because I could see a galcore.ko file on the DK2 board as follows. Is it incorrect? If the board does not include the NPU, what is a goal of the galcore.ko file on DK2 board?

For example, ​

root@stm32mp1:~# modinfo galcore

filename: /lib/modules/4.19.94/extra/galcore.ko

license: Dual MIT/GPL

description: Vivante Graphics Driver

alias: of:N*T*Cvivante,gcC*

alias: of:N*T*Cvivante,gc

alias: of:N*T*Cst,gcnanoC*

alias: of:N*T*Cst,gcnano

​ ... omission....

BRs,

Geunsik Lim

And, I attached a figure file that describes different features among board models of STM32MP1. As we can see, DK2 (STM32MP1) board includes 3D GPU feature compared to others. I thought that the feature is related to the galcore.ko file.

BRs,

Hi @ChipHead​ 

Yes your're right, galcore.ko is the driver for the Vivante GCNANO GPU inside STM32MP157 but does not include NPU.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN

@OlivierG, Got it. Thanks. ​