cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32MP135F | cannot find crti.o, crtbeginS.o, -lgcc, -lgcc_s, -lc, crtendS.o, crtn.o

_vaibhav
Associate

Hi,

I am working on cross-compiling one of the third party device driver for running it on STM32MP135F based customize board.

Currently in my cross-compilation following errors are triggered with respect to GCC cross-compiler setup using the SDK for OpenSTLinux distribution.

Below are the log entries of this errors:

make[1]: Entering directory '/home/yantrr/git-repos/synergy/stm_l2_switch/stm_dev_pkg/dev_pkg_src/l2switch_linux_driver_v2.6/libportseq'
Making lib/libportseq all ...
make libportseq.so
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/yantrr/git-repos/synergy/stm_l2_switch/stm_dev_pkg/dev_pkg_src/l2switch_linux_driver_v2.6/libportseq'
arm-ostl-linux-gnueabi-gcc -Wall -I/home/yantrr/git-repos/synergy/stm_l2_switch/stm_dev_pkg/dev_pkg_src/l2switch_linux_driver_v2.6/output/include -shared -o libportseq.so portnumber.o
/home/yantrr/git-repos/synergy/stm_l2_switch/stm_dev_pkg/sdk_install/sysroots/x86_64-ostl_sdk-linux/usr/libexec/arm-ostl-linux-gnueabi/gcc/arm-ostl-linux-gnueabi/12.2.0/ld: cannot find crti.o: No such file or directory
/home/yantrr/git-repos/synergy/stm_l2_switch/stm_dev_pkg/sdk_install/sysroots/x86_64-ostl_sdk-linux/usr/libexec/arm-ostl-linux-gnueabi/gcc/arm-ostl-linux-gnueabi/12.2.0/ld: cannot find crtbeginS.o: No such file or directory
/home/yantrr/git-repos/synergy/stm_l2_switch/stm_dev_pkg/sdk_install/sysroots/x86_64-ostl_sdk-linux/usr/libexec/arm-ostl-linux-gnueabi/gcc/arm-ostl-linux-gnueabi/12.2.0/ld: cannot find -lgcc: No such file or directory
/home/yantrr/git-repos/synergy/stm_l2_switch/stm_dev_pkg/sdk_install/sysroots/x86_64-ostl_sdk-linux/usr/libexec/arm-ostl-linux-gnueabi/gcc/arm-ostl-linux-gnueabi/12.2.0/ld: cannot find -lgcc_s: No such file or directory
/home/yantrr/git-repos/synergy/stm_l2_switch/stm_dev_pkg/sdk_install/sysroots/x86_64-ostl_sdk-linux/usr/libexec/arm-ostl-linux-gnueabi/gcc/arm-ostl-linux-gnueabi/12.2.0/ld: cannot find -lc: No such file or directory
/home/yantrr/git-repos/synergy/stm_l2_switch/stm_dev_pkg/sdk_install/sysroots/x86_64-ostl_sdk-linux/usr/libexec/arm-ostl-linux-gnueabi/gcc/arm-ostl-linux-gnueabi/12.2.0/ld: cannot find -lgcc: No such file or directory
/home/yantrr/git-repos/synergy/stm_l2_switch/stm_dev_pkg/sdk_install/sysroots/x86_64-ostl_sdk-linux/usr/libexec/arm-ostl-linux-gnueabi/gcc/arm-ostl-linux-gnueabi/12.2.0/ld: cannot find -lgcc_s: No such file or directory
/home/yantrr/git-repos/synergy/stm_l2_switch/stm_dev_pkg/sdk_install/sysroots/x86_64-ostl_sdk-linux/usr/libexec/arm-ostl-linux-gnueabi/gcc/arm-ostl-linux-gnueabi/12.2.0/ld: cannot find crtendS.o: No such file or directory
/home/yantrr/git-repos/synergy/stm_l2_switch/stm_dev_pkg/sdk_install/sysroots/x86_64-ostl_sdk-linux/usr/libexec/arm-ostl-linux-gnueabi/gcc/arm-ostl-linux-gnueabi/12.2.0/ld: cannot find crtn.o: No such file or directory
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [Makefile:40: libportseq.so] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/yantrr/git-repos/synergy/stm_l2_switch/stm_dev_pkg/dev_pkg_src/l2switch_linux_driver_v2.6/libportseq'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:28: all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/yantrr/git-repos/synergy/stm_l2_switch/stm_dev_pkg/dev_pkg_src/l2switch_linux_driver_v2.6/libportseq'
make: *** [Makefile:11: all] Error 2

Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this?

Regards,

Vaibhav

1 REPLY 1
Gregory PLANCHON
ST Employee

Hi, 

I think there's been a misunderstanding. If you use the distribution package, you must not use the SDK. to compile with the distribution package you can follow the wiki page :  https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/STM32MP1_Distribution_Package

if you want to use the SDK you need the developer package, which you can find by following this page : https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/STM32MP1_Developer_Package

Can you check which version you're using and tell me which one it is? Can you also tell me which commands you're using so that I can help you better?

Regards,

Grégory

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.