cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen split

GGatt
Associate II

Hi,

my application 800X480 consists of two modes: single and double.

Single mode is full screen, made up of several screens, and it's ok.

The second consists of the screen divided in half.

Each half must be independent of the other, so it's like you have two screens side by side.

I have seen that it is not possible to resize the screen, because it is always full screen.

I tried to create the various screens in half using the custom containers.

In the single screen I load all the custom containers, both on the right and left side and through the "visible" property I display one at a time.

First question, is it correct to implement my application with custom containers? It seems to work well, however, since in the various screens I have animated images, at some point an "assert" message comes out saying that I have reached the number maximum of animated widgets (32).

So I tried to define only the pointers to the custom containers and through the dynamic memory I size them one at a time and display it.

But I see that after 2000 views the message of maximum number of animated widgets comes out.

I have seen that the animation if it is in loop immediately gives the problem, but if I put it in stop, then it is more solid.

Is there a safe way to stop before clearing dynamic memory?

1 REPLY 1
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Using containers to achieve this is fine.

And yes, you can only have so many registered animation elements. But a trick is to use a container to bundle them - e.g. you may not require that all 32 are "free floating", but some may be dependent on eachother. Just create a single element that is registered as a timer widget and distributes the tick it receives. Make sense?

/Martin