cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STEVAL-SMARTAG1 - graphs not working

MOpal.1
Associate

I tried to programm STEVAL-SMARTAG1 with sample software provided on the webpage (https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/mcu-mpu-embedded-software/stm32-embedded-software/stm32-ode-function-pack-sw/fp-sns-smartag1.html) version: V3.0.0

I used STM32 ST-LINK Utility and STM32 Nucleo for programming.

I tried both .bin files and software for Keil. In both cases I have issues. There is no error during build or debugging.

In the app graphs not working but I "energy harvesting" feature,changing sensors or sampling works correctly.

Sometimes after few writes in the row orange LED starts flashing (indicates error).

I use Android to read the tag.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Marta

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Salvatore Curti
ST Employee

​Hi Marta,

If the orange LED starts flashing generally there is an error during the config, read or write operation onto NFC.

I do not see this problem, but it is possible with a few SmarTag1 samples.

I suggest you to full erase the NFC using the ST25 NFC Tap mobile application.

The firmware starts with a default configuration but after 5 second about. Connect with the ST NFC Sensor mobile app before 5 second for changing the default configuration.

After the NFC was erase, starts the FW in autostart mode and you see if is OK before you change the configuration.

If the problem there is again, enable the UART functionality on STEVAL-SMARTAG1 and you read the error message:

• 1 blink WATCHDOG_RESUME
  • 2 blink NFC_CONFIG_ERROR
  • 3 blink NFC_WRITING_ERROR
  • 4 blink NFC_READING_ERROR

For having the same UART functionality on STEVAL-SMARTAG1 board, is necessary to recompile the code uncomment the line 46

//#define SMARTAG_ENABLE_PRINTF

on file:

Projects\STEVAL-SMARTAG1\Applications\SmarTag1\Inc\SmarTagConf.h

Regards,

Salvatore Curti.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Salvatore Curti
ST Employee

​Hi Marta,

If the orange LED starts flashing generally there is an error during the config, read or write operation onto NFC.

I do not see this problem, but it is possible with a few SmarTag1 samples.

I suggest you to full erase the NFC using the ST25 NFC Tap mobile application.

The firmware starts with a default configuration but after 5 second about. Connect with the ST NFC Sensor mobile app before 5 second for changing the default configuration.

After the NFC was erase, starts the FW in autostart mode and you see if is OK before you change the configuration.

If the problem there is again, enable the UART functionality on STEVAL-SMARTAG1 and you read the error message:

• 1 blink WATCHDOG_RESUME
  • 2 blink NFC_CONFIG_ERROR
  • 3 blink NFC_WRITING_ERROR
  • 4 blink NFC_READING_ERROR

For having the same UART functionality on STEVAL-SMARTAG1 board, is necessary to recompile the code uncomment the line 46

//#define SMARTAG_ENABLE_PRINTF

on file:

Projects\STEVAL-SMARTAG1\Applications\SmarTag1\Inc\SmarTagConf.h

Regards,

Salvatore Curti.