cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible, to skip the Cube Programmer, when debugging ?

chaaalyy
Senior II

Hi...

Here the problem so far: I have a well running debug configuration, everything runs fine on target. It´s programmed into memory (using internal and external flash via qspi) and now it comes to play around with the connected (custom-) hardware. Testing different input-settings, moving around jumpers and dip-switches, connecting different motors with (of course...) different settings, changeable via my software and so on.

Of course i need to stop debugging, switch off the target, change my (hardware-) settings and restart debugging.

If you have to do this for around 100 times per day, it can be very annoying, that EVERY time, i press the "debug"-button, the cube programmer starts and is flashing the same code again and again. I changed to CubeIDE recently and i really miss that feature, i´ve had in Visual Studio with VisualGDB on top: To flash the board only, if rebuilt since last time.

Now the question: Am i just to stupid, to find it or is there even a way to set this up ??

/Charly

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
berendi
Principal
  • Open the Debug Configurations... dialog.
  • In the left pane, right-click on the launch configuration used for your project.
  • Duplicate it.
  • (optional) In the Main tab, select Disable auto build.
  • Switch to the Startup tab
  • Double-click the name of your executable under Load Image and Symbols.
  • Uncheck Download.

This creates a new debug configuration that doesn't flash the image. I could not find a way to select it automatically only when the source has not changed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
berendi
Principal
  • Open the Debug Configurations... dialog.
  • In the left pane, right-click on the launch configuration used for your project.
  • Duplicate it.
  • (optional) In the Main tab, select Disable auto build.
  • Switch to the Startup tab
  • Double-click the name of your executable under Load Image and Symbols.
  • Uncheck Download.

This creates a new debug configuration that doesn't flash the image. I could not find a way to select it automatically only when the source has not changed.

chaaalyy
Senior II

Thank you very much �� You saved a LOT of weekends for me �� Of course, i need to doublecheck, which launch configuration i start in the future, but at least this works like a charm and now i know, what these "launch configs" are good for ��

/Charly