cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L552 Breakpoints won't work

TaeHyunKim
Associate

Hi, I just got my board STM32L552 and currently am setting up development environment for it.

I'm testing the board with an example project 'CORTEXM_InterruptSwitch_TrustZone' and the code works well, however, I'm not able to set breakpoints for debugging. To be more specific, I can set breakpoints but the firmware doesn't stop at it.

I've already checked through some ways to solve this issue like 'Checking Run --> Skip All Breakpoints' but that wasn't my case. 

Could you please tell me what I'm missing? And please let me know if any screenshot is needed.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Tae Hyun Kim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TaeHyunKim
Associate

I just solved this problem by changing Debug probe to ST-LINK (OpenOCD)

If you're encountering same issue with me then you can try setting the debug probe.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TaeHyunKim
Associate

I just solved this problem by changing Debug probe to ST-LINK (OpenOCD)

If you're encountering same issue with me then you can try setting the debug probe.

TDK
Guru

You just posted this exact question 4 hours ago, then replied and marked it as solved. Is it not solved? What changed?

Solved: STM32L552 Breakpoints won't work - STMicroelectronics Community

When debugging, hit pause to see where execution is. Set a breakpoint near where execution is at currently. Possibly you're not in the correct source file. Also see the Breakpoints tab.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".