cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sensortile.box Unable to build FP-SNS-ALLMEMS1

VRao.1
Associate III

Hello all,

I recently got the sensortile.box and was trying to play with the all mems function pack (FP-SNS-ALLMEMS1) but had trouble building the project. I have added an image of the error that I get when I try to build the project.

0690X00000DXDR3QAP.png

I was able to flash the BLE bin file which was provided with the function pack and it works just fine with the iOS app. However I wanted to play around with the main code and perhaps add new functions to it. In order to do this I would need to be able to build the project.

Any help on how to proceed with this issue would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

VRao.1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VRao.1
Associate III

For anyone who experiences the same issue moving forward there is a work around that I found.

Download the FP-SNS-ALLMEMS2 Function pack and convert the provided system workbench version of the project to a the STM32CubeIDE format.

So i went to the directory of the project and opened the C project/file that was provided, this gave me a prompt asking if I wanted to convert the file to STM32CubeIDE. I selected Yes and I was successfully able to build this project.

Still not sure why the Project from the original function pack(FP-SNS-ALLMEMS) wasn't working. But this serves as a quick work around that issue.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @VRao.1​ , the issue could be related to the path length of the project repository. Please try to save the project directly in c:/ … and then try again to build the project.

0690X00000DXFWUQA5.png

Regards

Hello @Eleon BORLINI​ ,

Thank you for the response. I tried moving the project closer to the C:/.. directory but I got the same error again. I tried building one of the other provided projects, (the one for the Sensortile) and didn't receive any errors. So i tried looking at the drivers and middleware for the two projects to try and determine what the issue might be.

0690X00000DXINpQAP.png

In doing so I noticed that the Sensortile Box is missing the STM32L4xx_HAL_Driver folder in the Drivers section, this maybe one potential reason for the error

VRao.1
Associate III

For anyone who experiences the same issue moving forward there is a work around that I found.

Download the FP-SNS-ALLMEMS2 Function pack and convert the provided system workbench version of the project to a the STM32CubeIDE format.

So i went to the directory of the project and opened the C project/file that was provided, this gave me a prompt asking if I wanted to convert the file to STM32CubeIDE. I selected Yes and I was successfully able to build this project.

Still not sure why the Project from the original function pack(FP-SNS-ALLMEMS) wasn't working. But this serves as a quick work around that issue.