cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems to flash STM32H747-DISC0 board

LPers
Associate II

Hi,

Recently I bought two STM32H747-DISC0 boards and seems that one of them is not working properly. The first one is working well, I can flash, debug and so on. The second one, there's no way I can flash it. I tried using CubeIDE and also ST-Link utility (both are working on the other board).

0690X00000DAj1zQAD.png

The device is shown on the device manager as "ST-Link Debug" over Universal Serial Bus devices. What I find interesting is that I can flash the ST-Link firmware using the STM32 ST-Link Utility: clicking on "ST-Link" and "firmware update", I can find the device clicking on "Device Connect" and re-flash the firmware.

0690X00000DAivcQAD.png

Does anyone have an idea of what can the problem be? The testing stick is ticket on the t1, t2, t3 and t4 steps. Should I send it back and ask for a replacement?

This is what I get when trying to flash it:

0690X00000DAjNRQA1.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LPers
Associate II

Hi @Community member​ 

Thank you for the answer, that solved my problem. I googled for a solution but didn't find anything, sorry.

If somebody else runs into this problem, this procedure is mentioned in the DISC0 user manual (under "SMPS/LDO power supply" chapter):

0690X00000DBejFQAT.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

There are certainly ways of bricking the H747 if you put the wrong clock/vos setup code onto the device.

To address that you need to solder a wire so BOOT0 is HIGH, and your code doesn't run, and power the board off/on completely several times.

This has been discussed in other threads.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
LPers
Associate II

Hi @Community member​ 

Thank you for the answer, that solved my problem. I googled for a solution but didn't find anything, sorry.

If somebody else runs into this problem, this procedure is mentioned in the DISC0 user manual (under "SMPS/LDO power supply" chapter):

0690X00000DBejFQAT.png