cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Servo Motor Startup Failure and Over Voltage Error

RPate.11
Associate III

I am operating servo motor with Motor Control Workbench. I can effectively and repeatable operate same motor in Open Loop like Oberser+PLL. But when I switch to 2500 PPR Encoder as my primary sensor, problem starts.

It starts some time and many times it not. controller try to run motor on rated speed of 2500 RPM and overshoots but doesn't start it successfully. See some screen shots of start up. Then Over voltage error comes in. This is happen 90% of my trials.

I have some suspicion of high PI constants for such behaviors but reducing them to 100 and 50 doesn't solve problem. Observer+PLL had 300 and 500 respectively.

Does anybody have encountered same issues? How you solve them? please suggest? Thank You.

2 REPLIES 2
RPate.11
Associate III

I got Motor working. Problem was with constants in PI Speed Controller. Value was too high for FOC to work. Earlier I have used Sensor-less version and later used Encoder. Both cases posses quite different PI constants.

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

The question has been moved from the section "Motor Control Hardware" to the "STM32 Motor Control" section (the question is about the STM32 MC SDK). 

Best regards