cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to knew why the GPIO-Pin PA11 is on high level while the Board boots. I configured the Pin Muxing with CubeMx and Loaded the Device tree for the Kernel in the boot directory and synced it. I configured the pin as a PWM pin.

PGeuc.2036
Associate

When I run my M4 Application every thing is working fine. But while the Board boots until i start the M4 remoteproc the pin is on high level. How can I set the pins reset(boot) configuration to low? I'am using the developer package.

2 REPLIES 2
PatrickF
ST Employee

High level sound like the default value of TIM1_CH4 until the TIM1 registers are configured. So you see this level as soon as Linux parse the Device Tree and configure the PA11 AFMUX to TIM1_CH4.

Then when your M4 application setup TIM1 registers, the TIM1_CH4 is set at the expected level.

Don't know if this could be avoided.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi,

this could probably be overcome using the method described here : https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/How_to_configure_system_resources

You should disable the related TIM1 setting in Linux and add your own code for GPIO PA11 AFMUX setting using HAL after the TIMx configuration.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.