cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F446ZE - Keyboard and mouse USB host!

jomoi
Associate II

Hey,

Doing some research on STM32F446ZE and i have successfully made both USB ports to work with a HID device. HS as a FS with my own USB female, and ofcourse with the onboard usb-in.

My goal is to use the board as a host for both keyboard and mouse simultaneously on the two USBports. Is this possible?

I've read the forum for others trying to achieve similar results, in my world the implementation should be easier than making a software hub, especially when you're just handling HID devices?

Feel free to kick me in the right direction!

3 REPLIES 3

USB stacks for STM32 tend to account for the fact that there are two physical interfaces there, i.e. are written with the possibility to use two set of "description variables" and the stack can be run simultaneously on both, just through a pointer to either of them.

Now I don't say if you click in CubeMX this will automatically and flawlessly happen, but you can try and if not, you can try to find the problem and fix it. Anyway the first step is to get it running on one port.

JW

jomoi
Associate II

Thanks for a answer.

Yeah, the first step is already done. Mouse and keyboard both work on both usb ports!

jomoi
Associate II

Well, now the host is working with two attached peripherals, if anyone finds this post and wants to achieve something similar, feel free to send a pm!