cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best controller for a music player?

aatifshaikh66
Associate

Hi All,

I'm trying to build a MP3 player. So, I need suggestions like which ST controller would be best for me to build a MP3 player. Also, for a head start are there any suitable development boards available, on which I can proceed with the coding part.

​requirement:

1. Audio recording and playback option.

2. Play music from SD card.

3. SD card can be access via OTG.

Basically I'll put some buttons in my device (custom made board) for the navigation and selecting an option. Later with a press of a button (specified) the Audio will start recording and getting stored in the SD card. With the help of same navigation buttons I could play all these recordings whenever I want. Similarly, via OTG, I want to put some songs in the SD card, which I can play.

Any link of similar project, reference code file and other stuffs which are related to my project will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Aatif Shaikh

1 REPLY 1
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ , I suggest you the 32L496GDISCOVERY toolkit, which has a SAI Audio CODEC, with a stereo headset jack, including analog microphone input, stereo digital MEMS microphones and a microSD card connector with OTG access (card included). You can download the SW STM32Cube packages for L4, F4, H7, F7 mcu families, go to the "project" folder and check the "demonstrations" .txt descriptions. It should be a good basis to start with your application.

As regard the MP3 file conversion, ST has non-open libraries (with royalties), so I suggest you to start with a third-part open-source code, if not urgent. Regards