cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my circuit for building a MC board fine?

Sashvat
Associate II

Hi guys, I have built this STM32F334K4T6 MC dev board, I want to know if the schematic and the PCB wiring are all fine.

I also would want to know if the board will power on and will I be able to upload code to it and see an LED blink or so. I have attached the schematic and the PCB I have made. I haven't added the ground copper layer yet, its so that you can see my wiring and give it a go to send it to the fab house.

Thank you

23 REPLIES 23
Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

You should connect 100 nF from NRST to ground.

You should connect VDDA, do not leave any supply pin open.

You PCB image does not show fill. C1 and C2 ground path is not short. Rotating C1/3 180 degree will close ground path much shorted.

C3/C4 don't need to be close to the device, Eventually one part is enough for all pins. Consider a bigger size so that effective capacitance at 3.3 Volt is higher.

But for a first test. consider a F334 Disco boards...

Pull down on BOOT0, or jumper so you can pull up/down

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

As I said, I havent filled the board with the ground copper yet, but have done it. And regarding VDDA, should I directly connect it to VDD? And for the NRST, there's a specified reset circuit the data sheer shows, do I follow that and I haven't added a NRST button

Sure thank you, but what is the use of this BOOT0?

Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

What about taking a look at the reference manual? Figure 23. Recommended NRST pin protection clearly shows 100 nF at NRST. It is needed for reset timing. Find BOOT0 also in the reference manual ans in an2606

Some people told me a NRST push button is not required, should I put it on my schematic?

But, will it power on and will I be able to program it after I have added my NRST button and all the other things you have told me? Is it a good board and will it work to run programs I have coded?

I am not able to understand it, I searched it in my data sheet its not there, but what is a BOOT pin? Why isn't there a BOOT1 pin that I cant see?

Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

Fig 23 shows a pushbutton _and_ a capacitor. To place a pushbutton or not is your decision. I feel it is handy to have a rest pushbuttom. For boot, look at datasheet 3.2.3 3.2.3 Boot modes

At startup, BOOT0 pin and BOOT1 option bit are used to select one of three boot options: