cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to modify default option bytes in to STM32 uc using DFU.

nirav soni
Associate II

I am using DFU to load my application code in to target board, I can be able to convert application build in to dfu build and also be able to load using DfuSe tool in to my target board.

I want to enable the ROP (level-1) in STM32, for that I need to change the default value of option bytes,

Can anyone know how to modify the default value of option bytes for STM32 uC/chip using DFU.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Don't they just exist at a specific address, and you just add a record describing them?

Also, consider having your own code know to lock down the part and do whatever first time initialization/calibration required.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Don't they just exist at a specific address, and you just add a record describing them?

Also, consider having your own code know to lock down the part and do whatever first time initialization/calibration required.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thanks for the reply,

I have implemented in program, It works the way you have suggested.

Please check the image.

The only question I have is after executing HAL_FLASH_OB_Launch() I am not able to do further debugging.

While debugging the code for the first time once the above mentioned function is executed then I am not able to do further debugging,

Is it because the option bytes are loaded and even then dynamic debugging is not possible.

Please confirm your view.

Thanks once again for all the support.

0690X000008BXa8QAG.png