cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST-link Utility is unable to program the external memory and throws 'File out of External Memory Range' error

HKaur
Associate II

I am trying to integrate STM32CubeMX and TouchGFX using IAR EW on STM32F769I-Discovery Board. I followed the instructions on the link below to configure the board:

https://touchgfx.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020208091 

Then, I use ST-link Utility to program my board following the steps given in: 

https://touchgfx.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205264831-How-do-i-program-STM32-based-boards-using-ST-Link-

But, ST-link Utility is unable to program the external memory and throws 'File out of External Memory Range' error and does not shows 0x90000000 as an external memory when hex file is opened in ST-link.

I have successfully implemented Embedded Wizard's demo program on the board but stuck with TouchGFX!

6 REPLIES 6
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @HKaur​,

If you select V2.0.0 of the STM32F769-DISCO application template from the designer you should be able to program your board.

That article you're linking to exists to compensate for errors in CubeMX generation. I will remove it soon because as CubeMX improves TouchGFX code and project generation these articles lose their purpose.

The work has already been done for you in the F769-DISCO application template.

Check it out and let me know!

Best regards,

Martin

I am configuring the STM32F769I discovery Board in CubeMX and then use 'Execute' to generate the TouchGFXdesigner application.

0690X000008ACJKQA4.png

But I think , TouchGFX doesn't maps the target correctly from CubeMX as the 'Run Target' option is inactive. (highlighted in yellow) Though it generates code without an error.

0690X000008ACIbQAO.png

How can I select V2.0.0 of the STMF769-DISCO in the TouchGFX designer now?

0690X000008AFHMQA4.png

Use the STM32 Cube Programmer, it replaced the ST-LINK Utilities. Make sure you pick the External Loader for your board, the search line allows you to declutter the list.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Hi Martin,

Thank you for the quick reply.

This option to select the application template is available when I start creating my project in TouchGFX. But when I start in CubeMX and 'Execute' it from CubeMX, The TouchGFX designer automatically opens up but there is no option available to choose the application template from this route.

Also, if I wish to use Keil UVision (most of my team members are currently using Keil), is there an option to generate the Keil Project in TouchGFX for STM32F769I-DISCO?

Your tip actually worked! Thanks!