Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use the generate code with the IA resources ApplicationTemplate

CSerg
Associate

Hello,

I have some questions about using the code generator

I am currently using an STM32F446 and I want to use a Keras model driven by python to make a prediction on the data retrieved by the micro-controller in order to get better results.

• I found on internet that I should use X-CUBE-AI version 3.4 with ApplicationTemplate as a resource. Is it really the right resource, if I want to do only the prediction on the micro-controller ?
  • If yes, I have, once the code is generated, an MX_X_X_CUBE_AI_Process function that seems empty, do I have to complete it or does it work as it ? If I have to complete it, is it possible to indicate me how to complete it and especially with what.
void MX_X_CUBE_AI_Init(void)
{
    MX_UARTx_Init();
    /* USER CODE BEGIN 0 */
    /* USER CODE END 0 */
}

void MX_X_CUBE_AI_Process(void)
{
    /* USER CODE BEGIN 1 */
    /* USER CODE END 1 */
}
  • Where is called the function to retrieve the data from the micro-controller and transform it ? With this, the data can be used by the program to make the prediction from the Keras model?
  • Last question, Where is the function to retrieve the result of my prediction. In which form is the results ?

If someone have more information about how to use the generator code it could be really helpful for me.

thanks

5 REPLIES 5
jean-michel.d
ST Employee
Error while parsing Rich Text Content
jean-michel.d
ST Employee
Error while parsing Rich Text Content
jean-michel.d
ST Employee

Hello,

The current version of the AI application template which is provided in the pack 3.4.0 should be improved to export a real complete AI application template. Now to understand how to use the generated NN API, you can look the section 7 and 8 of the UM2526 (https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/x-cube-ai.html) or/and the provided C-code for the generated AI system performance or AI validation projects.

In Middlewares\ST\Application\SystemPerformance\aiSystemPerformance.c, the functions aiInit() and aiTestPerformance() can be a good starting point. 

In the attached file, a code snippet to use the generated API.

Best Regards,

Jean-Michel

CSerg
Associate

thanks for your answer,

So if I understand perfectly, I need to use the file aiTemplate_340.c as the file aiSystemPerformance.c

thanks for your quick answer

Clara

OGaie
Associate III

how can you use the aiTemplate_340 and include it in main if you dont have a header to the "aiTemplate_340.c" file ?