cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Font Wildcard range not accepted, or am doing something wrong

brianshankland9
Associate II

I'm getting errors (image attached) reporting that characters are not part of the typographics.

For both fonts reported i have a range of 0x20-0x7e entered for wildcard range (also shown in attached image)

Cant run simulator or target while in this mode, what am I missing?

11 REPLIES 11
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @brianshankland9​,

Could you send me your project?

Sure, I’ve added ITA120_FontError to the folder below (can I delete the other two projects now you have them?) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xa0vagy4t85abw8/AACFTMeGD6m2d_X1PaC4CreEa?dl=0 I think it may just be an internal designer error, possibly from some legacy data entry remaining hidden from users view as it compiles in Visual Studio after I add in the widget button includes and the generated font looks like it contains all the wildcard characters listed in the range. regards _________________________________________________­_ Brian Shankland Icon Research Ltd 3 Raw Holdings | East Calder | West Lothian | EH53 0HY | UK T: +44 1506 885000 Ext 226 F: +44 1506 885501 www.iconresearch.co.uk<>
Not sure if you wanted something so minor to go to your forum or not. When building with Keil MDK I’m getting two warnings for one of your include files which while only a distraction for me may cause some builders problems when they build with warnings as errors: ../../touchgfx/framework/include/touchgfx/containers/buttons/RepeatButtonTrigger.hpp(108): warning: #1300-D: handleClickEvent inherits implicit virtual void handleClickEvent(const touchgfx::ClickEvent& event) ../../touchgfx/framework/include/touchgfx/containers/buttons/RepeatButtonTrigger.hpp(139): warning: #1300-D: handleTickEvent inherits implicit virtual void handleTickEvent() regards _________________________________________________­_ Brian Shankland Icon Research Ltd 3 Raw Holdings | East Calder | West Lothian | EH53 0HY | UK T: +44 1506 885000 Ext 226 F: +44 1506 885501 www.iconresearch.co.uk<>

Just a quick observation (I haven't tried the project yet), but if you check out the first error in your screenshot, it looks like the text is really long (The end " is on a seperate line). Did you write this string directly in the designer or copy it from somewhere? The string could contain some special chars that actually aren't inside the font.

/Martin

I'm just getting a blank page on this dropbox share. How big is the project? You could reduce the size a bit by removing "touchgfx", "generated", "build" folders (I'll put the touchgfx folder there myself).

It was to see how the ellipse character would work since this edit field can be very long and we will not have the screen size to show it all. Still not sure how or when the ellipse would be shown. I had thought if the text was too big to display it would be truncated and the last character would be the elipse character, but this si not what I see in the designer. regards _________________________________________________­_ Brian Shankland Icon Research Ltd 3 Raw Holdings | East Calder | West Lothian | EH53 0HY | UK T: +44 1506 885000 Ext 226 F: +44 1506 885501 www.iconresearch.co.uk<>
Its 94MB so yes if there are folders I can remove when uploading them let em know and I’ll trim them out. I’ll drop another email once I’ve replaced with the smaller version. regards _________________________________________________­_ Brian Shankland Icon Research Ltd 3 Raw Holdings | East Calder | West Lothian | EH53 0HY | UK T: +44 1506 885000 Ext 226 F: +44 1506 885501 www.iconresearch.co.uk<>
I also took out the Keil build objects from its Flash folder so its now just 19mb https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xa0vagy4t85abw8/AACFTMeGD6m2d_X1PaC4CreEa?dl=0 Dropbox indicates that’s its synced so you should see the zip in here now. regards _________________________________________________­_ Brian Shankland Icon Research Ltd 3 Raw Holdings | East Calder | West Lothian | EH53 0HY | UK T: +44 1506 885000 Ext 226 F: +44 1506 885501 www.iconresearch.co.uk<>
Hello Martin, More clues and I think the root cause. I see in the generated/fonts/src folder that there are three groups of files one for each of my fonts, but the file Font_WINGDNG3_TTF_50_4bpp.cpp is effectively empty: #include FONT_LOCATION_FLASH_PRAGMA KEEP extern const uint8_t unicodes_WINGDNG3_TTF_50_4bpp[] FONT_LOCATION_FLASH_ATTRIBUTE = { 0 // No glyphs }; So is a previous compilation font in the designer preventing the creation of this file, or is there a problem with using WinDngg3 TTF font with TouchGFX? regards _________________________________________________­_ Brian Shankland Icon Research Ltd 3 Raw Holdings | East Calder | West Lothian | EH53 0HY | UK T: +44 1506 885000 Ext 226 F: +44 1506 885501 www.iconresearch.co.uk<>