cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring Nucleo-F767ZI with FLIR Lepton breakout board, help?

t888
Associate II

Hello everyone,

I am trying to setup FLIR lepton breakout board with the Nucle-F7, and I am having trouble finding examples online.

I am using SW4STM32 from AC6 for IDE and have already downloaded the LeptonSDK library package for 32-bit architecture.

There is a repository (https://github.com/groupgets/LeptonModule/tree/master/software)

that has some examples but one of them (nucleo-f4) uses the mbed online IDE.

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
S.Ma
Principal

Read the datasheet, make a list of signals between STM32 and the IR imager.

if 160x120x8bit @ 9 Hz seems to yield less than 2 MHz SPI. (double this if 16 bit per pixel)

I2C bus for control, and I guess some GPIO for control signals.

If there is a driver for it, it's most likely to configure the imager and regenerate the picture as a frame in a 2D byte array. You'll have to use DMA+SPI and as initial step use 4 wire interface (even if MOSI is not connected).

Not sure many forum users have experience in the FLIR IR Imager....

t888
Associate II

Thank you for the response.

As my first dive into the datasheet, I did enable the SPI1 on CubeMx for SPI MODE 3 (CPO= 1 | CPHA =1) . Also, configured the clock frequency ABP1 to 13.5 MHz, as the IR would be flexible from 2.2MHz to 20MHz. Flir uses CCI (16-bit wide)which is like I2C , so I did configure the pins for that too.

It is so unfortunate that there is no application on the STM32 side. Mostly are RasPI.