cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX + STM32F429I-Disc1 + STemWin

Sue.Jay
Associate II

Hello,

I have been working on the graphics display on the STM32F429I-Disc1, but have been unsuccessful and facing errors so far.

Here are my specifications :

1. CubeMX 4.25.0
  2. IDE SW4STM32 from AC6
  3. Repository FW_F4 V1.23.0
  4. Board STM32F429I-Disc1

Purpose : creating the graphic display using STemWin.

And here are my technical issues :

1. I can import and run the sample programs normally. So, this is okay. However, I have been experiencing errors and unable to run new programs using CubeMX to start with. This happens when integrating the Graphics section using the STemWin option.

Could you please help on how to fill the parameters correctly ?

Or, could you give a correctly working ioc file to use with STemWin option ?

Please note that I have been consulting the documents UM1718 and AN4323, without being able to make the STemWin functionning in the CubeMX.

Thank you in advance for your reply as it is greatly appreciated.

With kind regards,

Su

4 REPLIES 4
Mon2
Senior III

Your CubeMX is old and 5.0.0 is current. Please update your CubeMX tool and post your results.

Sue.Jay
Associate II

Thank you for your reply.

Right-click on the CubeMX button (properties) shows that it is 4.25.0. However, with CubeMX opened, clicking Help -> About button indicates that it is STM32CUBE V1.0 Version 5.0.0.

So, it is the latest version, me think....

Mon2
Senior III

Wow - you are correct. Mine reports 4.24.0 in the shortcut on the desktop yet it is 5.0.0.

So that is a typo / bug that needs correction by ST.

No experience, yet with STemWin but if you are interested, have a complete document on how to support the same target using TouchGFX. That is working very nicely now after 3 weeks of initial torture. Personally found that TouchGFX was very quick to learn and did so without initial reading on the how to use documents / videos. Just does not integrate well by default with STCubeMX 5.0 but now it does with the posted process.

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000A7Y1xxSQC/stm32f429idisc1-tutorials-with-iar-and-sw4stm32-compilers-with-touchgfx-stm32cubemx

PS: Note the comments here about STemWin:

Drill down to see the comments from @FSTKMARO​  - he using STemWin.

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000A1mVBrSQM/cubemx-touchgfx-stm32f429i-disco-fatal-error-sdl2sdlvideoh-no-such-file-or-directory

Sue.Jay
Associate II

Hi,

I thank you very much for your positive reply. That is great and I really appreciate it.

I have been working and developing projects with STM32F429I Disc1 for a while now, but only post my inquiry so recently.

I indeed have consulted your work and would like to congratulate you for this. That is REALLY great jobs! So, I have downloaded your link already (Axxonshare) and will follow your tutorial in the coming days. TouchGFX (Dauphner) is the last firm bought by ST, and so the software being integrated in CubeMX. Learning from experience with ST, I personally thought of waiting for a while before using it, until it works without issues....Plus, STemWin seems to be simpler and easier to work with. But then, I might be completely wrong with the latter sentence.

Plus, thanks for the link on the STemWin. I will have a close look on it.

Kind regards,

Su