cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello I am new to stm32 environment , I wanted to know if STemWin can be accessed from CubeMXv6.5.0 using stm32cubeide1.9.0 as only graphics software allowed for download is TouchGFX.. However there is no other way to select STemWin from within CubeMX.

SKara.8
Associate II

I recently managed to download the STemWin software from ST site, and was wondering if there is a link to any example or tutorial which would show how to incorporate this library and what parameters need to be configured. I have seen a few posts with older versions of CubeMX and stmcubeIDE using STemWin but since I am unable to add STemWin under Graphics option in CubeMX I am unable to integrate it. I am using stm32f469NIH discovery board for the tests,

3 REPLIES 3
ChahinezC
Lead

Hello @SKara.8​,

I recommend you referring to the GUI on STM32F469-Discovery boards using CubeMX and STemWin FAQ article, it might help you.

You can also check the STemWin example provided under the CubeF4 projects.

Chahinez.

SKara.8
Associate II

Hi Chahinez

Thanks for the reply. I had gone through the " GUI on STM32F469-Discovery boards using CubeMX and STemWin " link you provided prior to raising the question on this forum. My problem as I mentioned in the query is that since I am using CubeMXv6.5.0 using stm32cubeide1.9.0 I am unable to get STemWin under the "Graphics" section in CubeMX.

Due to this I am unable to set the "Graphics" configuration modes stated in step 1.5 "Update the configuration of some peripherals" of the above FAQ link. Even under Install Software link in CubeMX I am unable to find an option to download STemWin as a Graphics package for CubeMX. Instead I only get TouchGFX package as download option.

Also thanks for the STemWin example link, I will go through it, but I hv already tried compiling and loading one of the standard STemWin examples "Hello World" using STemWin. Unfortunately after compiling & loading on the Discovery board, a simple white line was displayed on the LCD screen.

Hence my query on whether there is any other way to integrate STemWin in CubeMX, & if there is any tutorial on how to use the latest CubeMXv6.5.0 with STemWin. If not is there any tutorial which could indicate the configurations/initializations of parameters for STemWin to display on the stm32f469nih Discovery board screen.

Thanks in Advance.

Shib

Hi Chahinez

Thanks for the reply. I had gone through the " GUI on STM32F469-Discovery boards using CubeMX and STemWin " link you provided prior to raising the question on this forum. My problem as I mentioned in the query is that since I am using CubeMXv6.5.0 using stm32cubeide1.9.0 I am unable to get STemWin under the "Graphics" section in CubeMX.

Due to this I am unable to set the "Graphics" configuration modes stated in step 1.5 "Update the configuration of some peripherals" of the above FAQ link. Even under Install Software link in CubeMX I am unable to find an option to download STemWin as a Graphics package for CubeMX. Instead I only get TouchGFX package as download option.

Also thanks for the STemWin example link, I will go through it, but I hv already tried compiling and loading one of the standard STemWin examples "Hello World" using STemWin. Unfortunately after compiling & loading on the Discovery board, a simple white line was displayed on the LCD screen.

Hence my query on whether there is any other way to integrate STemWin in CubeMX, & if there is any tutorial on how to use the latest CubeMXv6.5.0 with STemWin. If not is there any tutorial which could indicate the configurations/initializations of parameters for STemWin to display on the stm32f469nih Discovery board screen.

Thanks in Advance.

Shib