cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDIO FatFs uSDCard 1-bit and 4-bit are not working through STM32CubeMX and keil mdk v5 1- STM32CubeMX version 4.26.1 (Latest). 2- Toolchain 1.21 (Latest)

Sherif Armanyous
Associate II
  • f_open function are not working as it takes too much time then it is timed out
  • I am using stm32f4-dis-bb board

4 REPLIES 4

The forum is full of such reports, look at the examples under the HAL trees and port those, they are generally workable, and more functional than the code CubeMX spits out.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Sherif Armanyous
Associate II

yes I tried examples and worked and I need code to be generated from stm32cubemx to be integrated with my project because examples are different implementation

That is one approach. It makes you beholden to a code generator to deliver viable code, and while that shouldn't be an insurmountable goal, it seems to be repeatedly missed, and not a threshold for signing off on a new release.

The HAL represent the common ground. Understand the mechanics of the F4, and HAL, a how CubeMX partitions/abstracts things and merge what you need into core code you can actually validate and build on.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Sherif Armanyous
Associate II

hi Clive,

you are right about your point of view.

Thanks for your help and I were able to figure out the issue which is :

• generated FatFS library uses DMA
  • So we need to configure DMA for both Read and write (with automatic generated configuration).

once we configure receive and transmit DMA everything will work as expected.