cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to manage bonded device list?

charles23
Associate III
Posted on April 12, 2015 at 19:19

Is there a way to selectively remove one bonded device from the list of bonded devices? This would be equivalent to the ''Forget this device'' command provided in the iOS Bluetooth settings. I don't think there is such a command. It seems that we only have the option to ''Forget all devices'', which is not very user-friendly.

Related questions:

What is the maximum number of devices that can be bonded?

What happens if you try to pair a new device when the list of bonded devices is full?

The Aci_Gap_Get_Bonded_Devices command returns a list of the devices - the size of the buffer would seem to set a limit of (128 - 13)/7 = 16 devices, since any more would need a longer buffer. 16 bonded devices is at variance with the White List size of 64.

5 REPLIES 5
Posted on April 13, 2015 at 09:15

Hi,

To remove a device from whitelist, you can use the command ''HCI_LE_REMOVE_DEVICE_FROM_WHITE_LIST''.

The maximun number of bonded device is equal to 12. When the list of bonded devices is full, the oldest bonded device are removed.

Regards,

Graziella

Is there a way to selectively remove one bonded device from the list of bonded devices? This would be equivalent to the ''Forget this device'' command provided in the iOS Bluetooth settings. I don't think there is such a command. It seems that we only have the option to ''Forget all devices'', which is not very user-friendly.

Related questions:

What is the maximum number of devices that can be bonded?

What happens if you try to pair a new device when the list of bonded devices is full?

The Aci_Gap_Get_Bonded_Devices command returns a list of the devices - the size of the buffer would seem to set a limit of (128 - 13)/7 = 16 devices, since any more would need a longer buffer. 16 bonded devices is at variance with the White List size of 64.

charles23
Associate III
Posted on April 13, 2015 at 15:34

My question was not how to remove a device from the white list, but how to remove a device from the list of bonded devices. These are separate lists, as I understand it. (I understand that I can copy the bonded devices to the white list, but not the other way around).

Is it possible to delete one device from the list of bonded devices?

Posted on April 14, 2015 at 10:50

Hi Charles,

I'm sorry, I made confusion!!

There isn't a command that permits to remove only one bonded device from the list.

You can only use the command ''Aci_Gap_Clear_Security_Database'' that removes all devices from security database.

Regards,

Graziella

My question was not how to remove a device from the white list, but how to remove a device from the list of bonded devices. These are separate lists, as I understand it. (I understand that I can copy the bonded devices to the white list, but not the other way around).

Is it possible to delete one device from the list of bonded devices?

charles23
Associate III
Posted on April 14, 2015 at 11:41

Hi Graziella

Then could I ask that you add this in a future version? Not being able to manage bonded devices is a serious limitation in some use cases.

Regards - Charles

Posted on April 15, 2015 at 12:30

Hi Palmer,

we take care of your enhancement request.

Regards,

Graziella

Hi Graziella

Then could I ask that you add this in a future version? Not being able to manage bonded devices is a serious limitation in some use cases.

Regards - Charles