Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F429 discovery board USB application developpment

ignasi
Associate II
Posted on October 01, 2014 at 13:19

Hello,

I'm trying to develop a USB driver device using STM32F429 discovery board. I couldn't find any working examples that allow me to connect my board to a computer and to be detected. I would like to be detected but also, to communicate and send some data.

Until now I couldn't find a working example or a path to learn how to use implement the drivers to the app. I would be vey thankful if you could help me.

Best Regards

5 REPLIES 5
chen
Associate II
Posted on October 01, 2014 at 13:40

Hi

You query is a little unclear.

Are you asking -

where can I find USB device examples for the development board STM32F429 discovery?

OR

Where can I find examples of the driver code for the Windows Host?

ignasi
Associate II
Posted on October 01, 2014 at 19:27

Hello,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Right now I'm not prettending to develop a Windows driver, but an application for my board that allow me to send data using my usb to my computer. 

So, first option : USB device code that allow me to send data.

Info : IAR Embedded Workbench IDE and STM32F4 discovery evaluation board used.

Best Regards

chen
Associate II
Posted on October 02, 2014 at 10:22

Hi

This link is for the ST WEB page for the STM32F4 discovery evaluation board :

http://www.st.com/web/catalog/tools/FM116/SC959/SS1532/PF252419?sc=internet/evalboard/product/252419.jsp

Look near the end of the page for ''Related Tools and Software''

The links for ''STM32CubeF4'' and ''STSW-STM32068'' are what you are looking for.

The STM32CubeF4 is a tool for generating code, it has the ability to generate the USB driver code you want. I am afraid that I have not used it.

The ''STSW-STM32068'' is a ZIP file full of examples for that dev board, including a few USb ones.

This link :

http://www.st.com/web/catalog/tools/FM147/CL1794/SC961/SS1743/LN1734/PF257882

is for the old USB OTG driver that ST provided prior to the STM32Cube.

They no longer offer support for it but it is still useable (it is what I am using on a comercial project).

It also contains a number of example projects. The .pdf for the driver is informative about the abstraction layers within the driver.

ignasi
Associate II
Posted on October 02, 2014 at 10:51

Hello,

Thank for your interest.

Yes, I have already tried examples and stm32f4Cube, but are not properly working on IAR. I would like to see an example on cdc communications between pc and discovery board. In documentation , i can just find a list of drivers but no how to implement them to an application.

Best Regards

Hello,

First of all thanks for your answer.

Yes, I have already used this tools, but they are not enought. Examples on discovery board don't cover this particular case, and STM32f4Cube only gives drivers and libraries, but not specific example about how to communicate data between discovery board and pc on cdc.

Could someone help us with an example on IAR tools? 

Best Regards

Hello,

Yes, I have already used this tools, but they are not enought. Examples on discovery board don't cover this particular case, and STM32f4Cube only gives drivers and libraries, but not specific example about how to communicate data between discovery board and pc on cdc.

Best Regards

Hello,

Best Regards

Hello,

Best Regards

Hello,

Best Regards

Hello,

Best Regards

Hello,

Best Regards
chen
Associate II
Posted on October 02, 2014 at 11:04

''I have already tried examples and stm32f4Cube, but are not properly working on IAR.''

What does that mean?

Does it compile OK?

Does it download OK?

Does it boot up and run OK?

Does it enumerate on the PC when USB is connected?

'' i can just find a list of drivers but no how to implement them to an application.''

Assuming you have got to the point where the USB device enumerates on the PC.

The PC has installed the STM virtual com port driver.

The PC should then have a new COM port (just like any other serial or RS232 port)

What is send and received over the COM port is up to the device - ie the device protocol.

The example CDC should get to the point of enumerating the CDC device and it re-directs the serial stream to a USART.

It is up to you to take this example code and re-work it to do something else with the serial stream.