cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX ''modified'' status of *.ioc files

qwer.asdf
Senior
Posted on October 20, 2015 at 10:24

Hi, it's a small but annoying bug, every time I open my *.ioc project file (which was gradually migrated 5-6 times from older versions) Cube immediately marks the project as modified (asterisk in the title just after the file name) and annoyingly asks to save the file when closing the Cube even when I changed nothing. Even when I agree to save the ''changes'', the next time I open the project it's in ''modified'' state again.

14 REPLIES 14
stm32cube-t
Senior III
Posted on November 26, 2015 at 18:26

Dear user,

Thank you for your feedback. The issue has been logged.

Best regards

Sirma Siang
ST Employee
Posted on November 02, 2016 at 16:16

Dear user,

Thank you for your bug reporting.

If you still facing this issue, could you please share your .ioc file and the operating system you are using ?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Sirma

Jeanne Joly
Senior III
Posted on May 09, 2017 at 14:59

Hello

qwer.asdf

This issue is not seen in the last releases.

Could you please upgrade your CubeMX release in order to avoid this issue?

BR. Eric

Posted on May 09, 2017 at 21:27

Using 4.20.1 under Linux I see the project become 'modified' just by browsing around and looking at things. 

Posted on May 11, 2017 at 08:51

ok, using CubeMX-4.21 under windows, we don't have this issue. I will have a look in depth on Linux to see if it is specific to Linux (and perhaps Mac as well).

I will keep you inform.

BR. Eric

Posted on May 11, 2017 at 09:42

Hello David,

I did the test under Linux, and did not reproduce it.

To dig a bit more,could you please describe what you are doing ?

Are you opening a project, created by a previous CubeMx version ?

Could you please share your ioc file ?

Great thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Sirma

Posted on May 11, 2017 at 15:10

I see the same behavior under Linux/4.20.1 and Windows/4.21: All you have to do is open a project and click the Configuration tab.  An asterisk appears next to the .ioc filename.  Attempting to close the project (or exit CMX) brings up the 'project is modified' dialog.

Posted on May 11, 2017 at 17:20

Hello David,

I tried under Linux (Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS/Java 1.8.0_121) and Win7 (Java 1.8.0_121).

By using CubeMX 4.20.1 and 4.21.

I openned an old project and created a new one. I browsed parameters, and cancel some parameters changes (in I2C configuration tab, for example).

The annoying star is not there (is there when I change a parameter, but disapears when I cancel it).

To be as closest as possible with your system conditions, could you help me by

sharing your ioc file (at least the SoC you are using ) ?

indicating me the Java version are you using ?

Great thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Sirma

Posted on May 11, 2017 at 19:59

I can confirm this behavior of CubeMX. It happens in all version under Linux up to current  used  4.20.1.

Reproducer:

1. Open a saved project again

2. Click configuration and then click on an arbitraly item under configuration, no modification of anything

3. Click cancel to close the modal window

4. Goto file -> exit

5. Without having changed anything CubeMX ask to save the project before closing.