Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F407VG Eval Board

jayakanth
Associate II
Posted on November 27, 2014 at 14:02

Hi,

I am a beginner in the ARM Cortex Series and so far I could able to run some simple examples on my

STM32F407VG

Board. Currently I am working with a project where I need to establish the communication between PC(

Windows 7

) and the Board.

My actual aim is to play an audio file through Windows Media Player in my PC and I should get it on the Board so that I can listen through the audio jack provided on the board.

For this, I build the example program USB_Device from the STM324xG_EVAL(

examples given by Keil Product

), and connected the Micro A port to my PC through USB. But whenever I connect the Micro A port to PC, it is detecting as

STM32 BOOT LOADER

where the status is showing as     

STM Device in DFU Mode and I could not able to play the file.

Can anybody please help me to sort out this problem for I am in very need of this.

Thanks in Advance.

regards,

Jay

5 REPLIES 5
Posted on November 27, 2014 at 14:55

What's the state of BOOT0/BOOT1 pins?

JW
jayakanth
Associate II
Posted on November 27, 2014 at 15:01

I kept BOOT0 to High and BOOT1 to Low.

Posted on November 27, 2014 at 15:26

BOOT0 High will put it in System Loader mode, and thus the DFU response. Don't set BOOT0 high.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
jayakanth
Associate II
Posted on November 28, 2014 at 06:56

I tried it but now it is not all detecting. Showing the message ''UNKNOWN DEVICE'' and I tried to change the driver settings then also it is not detecting

Posted on November 28, 2014 at 13:41

Which suggests the user code you've downloaded to the part isn't functioning correctly. Or needs a PC side driver.

Do you have an STM324xG-EVAL board, or something else? If something else, make sure the crystal and PLL settings are appropriate, as the EVAL board uses a 25 MHz crystal.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..