cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F4 GPIO functions

John Hite
Associate III
Posted on January 24, 2017 at 15:09

I have looked at PM0214 Programming manual for STM32F4 series for functions like GPIO_Write() and GPIO_ToggleBits() but they don't seem to be there. Is there a document that describes peripheral functions or does one need to search through the header files to find what functions are available?

Thanks,

jh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted on January 24, 2017 at 22:37

In the root of the 'library' you'll find a .chm

It's a doxygen-autovomit, but while that makes it hardly usable as true documentation, it does mention all the functions for sure.

JW

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Posted on January 24, 2017 at 15:28

but they don't seem to be there

Where?

[EDIT]

Oh, now I see, in PM0214, sorry.

PM0214 is an abridged and slightly ST-customized version of the ARM's Cortex-M4 reference manual, thus describe the processor core, its working and the machine instructions together with their mnemonics and behaviour.

The functions you mentioned are in some of the ST's 'libraries' thus are not generically ARM-related, and are related to the peripherals and not to the core.

You should seek a list of functions a 'library' possesses/publishes in the manual to that 'library'.

JW

Posted on January 24, 2017 at 22:23

The only documentation I could find for the standard pereipheral library was STSW-STM32065 and it is only 1 page.

jh

Posted on January 24, 2017 at 22:37

In the root of the 'library' you'll find a .chm

It's a doxygen-autovomit, but while that makes it hardly usable as true documentation, it does mention all the functions for sure.

JW

Posted on January 25, 2017 at 00:05

doxygen-autovomit, I like that one!

Tis better'n nuttin I reckon.

Thanks,

jh