cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the thresholds for Walking_Observing_Running State Machine

Posted on June 16, 2015 at 12:08

Guys,

I hope that I started this discussion in good time.

I am a newbie in accelerometer application and currently on a very tight schedule to finish a pedometer application. Pardon me if my question sounds silly.

Here is my situation:

I am using state machines to fully keep track of the walking, jogging and running activity. Everything works well and accuracy is very good for the following step speed.

At 120 steps per minute - accuracy is very good. It detected 197steps out of 200. SM2 is in walking_observing_running.

At 130 steps per minute - accuracy is very good. It detected 194steps out of 200. SM2 is in walking_observing_running.

At 180 steps per minute - accuracy is very good. It detected 192steps out of 200. SM2 is in running_observing_walking.

Now, the inaccuracy occurs when I tested at 140 steps/min, 150 steps/min, 160 steps/min and 170 steps/min. It is at this speed that SM2 is still at walking_observing_running, but the speed is maybe already to fast for it to be considered walking. As of now, SM2 switches from walking to running only when SPEED hits 180 steps/minute.

My question would be: Is there a way to adjust the SM2 to switch from walking to running when the walking SPEED hits 140 steps/min? If so, how?

I thank for all who will give hint or direct solution to my problem.
0 REPLIES 0