cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VL53L0X: How do I change the lower threshold of measurement using the B-L465E-IOT01A1 API for this sensor?

DSilz.1
Associate

I am trying to change the lower measurement threshold of this sensor so that it will only send proximity data above a certain distance. I am quite new to using ToF sensors and am not sure where to start, I have looked over the documentation and am still quite lost, any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
John E KVAM
ST Employee

We call it 'threshold'. There is an API that will allow you to set the threshold so that when a target come closer than the threshold, it will interrupt the host and start reporting data. And you can use this same threshold to only send data when the answer is greater than the threshold.

If this or any post solves your issue, please mark them as 'Accept as Solution' It really helps. And if you notice anything wrong do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'. Someone will review it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
John E KVAM
ST Employee

We call it 'threshold'. There is an API that will allow you to set the threshold so that when a target come closer than the threshold, it will interrupt the host and start reporting data. And you can use this same threshold to only send data when the answer is greater than the threshold.

If this or any post solves your issue, please mark them as 'Accept as Solution' It really helps. And if you notice anything wrong do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'. Someone will review it.