Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M24LR Board Reprogramming

anthonyanthony9
Associate II
Posted on April 20, 2016 at 18:37

Hi All,

I would like to reprogram the M24LR Discovery board to re purpose the I2C input to use as a connector for an external  1-Wire Interface sensor (DS18B20). can anyone identify any issues with doing this?

Furthermore does ST provide a download for the original firmware/program uploaded onto the STM8L152C6T6 incase i would like to restore the original program after modifying it?

#i2c #esensor #m24lr #1-wire
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
anthonyanthony9
Associate II
Posted on April 23, 2016 at 05:22

Ok since these has not  been any response thought i would share my findings so far for anyone who has a similar experience in the future.

Re purposing the I2C pin headers for a 1-wire interface sensor is a bad idea as the board requires the I2C bus to communicate with the M24LR IC. Instead you could repurpose some of the pins used to drive the display (the display can simply be removed as it is only temporarily connected though a DIP connector)

The stock firmware for the  STM8 on the discovery board can be found here:

https://my2.st.com/content/my_st_com/en/products/embedded-software/st25-nfc-rfid-software/stsw-m24lr016.license=1461371041557.html

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
anthonyanthony9
Associate II
Posted on April 23, 2016 at 05:22

Ok since these has not  been any response thought i would share my findings so far for anyone who has a similar experience in the future.

Re purposing the I2C pin headers for a 1-wire interface sensor is a bad idea as the board requires the I2C bus to communicate with the M24LR IC. Instead you could repurpose some of the pins used to drive the display (the display can simply be removed as it is only temporarily connected though a DIP connector)

The stock firmware for the  STM8 on the discovery board can be found here:

https://my2.st.com/content/my_st_com/en/products/embedded-software/st25-nfc-rfid-software/stsw-m24lr016.license=1461371041557.html