cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F746 BSP

ray23
Associate II
Posted on January 18, 2017 at 04:19

I am tring to figure out how to use the BSP for my stm32f746G-Disco board.  I have worked through several issues from setting the STM32CubeMX and getting the files in the correct place.  I have run into the problem that I can't find the definition for FMC_SDRAM_CommandTypeDef and SDRAM_HandleTypeDef.  in the file stm32746g_discovery_sdram.h.  I don't know why, but I think it is because an option is not enabled in the STM32CubeMX but I cannot find an option that has something to do with SDRAM.  I did fix a similar issue with the UART driver by adding a component to the hardware.  Has anyone else experienced this, know how to resolve it, have any suggestions for how to resolve it.

7 REPLIES 7
Posted on January 18, 2017 at 04:42

stm32f7xx_hal_conf.h

#define HAL_SDRAM_MODULE_ENABLED

Pulls

\STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.3.0\Drivers\STM32F7xx_HAL_Driver\Inc\stm32f7xx_hal_sdram.h

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on January 18, 2017 at 04:53

It fails because it can't find , ♯ include 'stm32f7xx_hal_sdram.h'  ,Seems like I don't have something setup correctly.  ,I can see the file you references in the BSP driver section, but not the stm32f7xx sdram file.

Posted on January 18, 2017 at 05:06

I am reextracting the archive, maybe it got messed up for some reason.

Posted on January 18, 2017 at 05:11

Include Paths? Defines?

USE_HAL_DRIVER,STM32F746xx,USE_STM32746G_DISCO

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on January 18, 2017 at 05:19

The file 

stm32f7xx_hal_sdram.h does not exist and seems like it needs to be generated by STM32CubeMX.  I had this exact problem with the uart and I solved it by enabling the uart in the STM32CubeMX proogram.  I just can't see what option to enable to get this generated.  I will check again to see that I have the correct board setup in the cubeMX.

I re-extracted the STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.4.0 and this directory does not have the missing file in it.

Posted on January 18, 2017 at 10:06

Hi

Madigan.Ray

‌,

To Have sdram driver added to your generated project, you need to configure the FMC in the pinout view and then select the good settings to use SDRAM.

Please try this way and let me know if you still have issue.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.