cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps to enable UDP and TCP protocol ethernet with FreeRTOS LWIP in STM32F746 Discovery board

pitbull
Associate II

Hello All,

I am new to embedded systems.
I am trying to enable ethernet communication in stm32f746 discovery board.
But I am failing to achieve this, sometimes I am able to ping the device and sometimes not.
I came across a thread https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus-embedded-software/how-to-make-ethernet-and-lwip-working-on-stm32/m-p/261456 which mentions faults in LWIP and documentation.
Even when I am using the example project STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.17.0\Projects\STM32746G-Discovery\Applications\LwIP\LwIP_HTTP_Server_Netconn_RTOS  I am able to ping the device sometimes only.

Please guide me accordingly, I am not asking for a complete working project only a healthy documentation and links.

Thankyou

4 REPLIES 4
STea
ST Employee

Hello @pitbull ,

getting started embedded systems with the Ethernet peripheral especially could be quite challenging.

documentation related to the development with LWIP can be found in this link .

you can find working projects on the Cube firmware package for F7 for example as you mentioned.

if you are unable to make the example of LWIP working it could be related to the CubeIDE version 1.15.

can you please specify the version of CubeIDE you are using or are you using another IDE.

BR 

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello STea,

Sorry for the late reply.

I am using STM32Cube IDE : Version: 1.13.1

Thankyou

Hello @pitbull ,

Did you manage to make it work or you ae facing some issues?

BR

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello @STea ,

I have not been able to implement this yet. Will keep you updated.

Thankyou