Posted on January 01, 2007 at 19:48

Need help for watchdog

5 REPLIES 5
daweiy
Associate II
Posted on December 20, 2006 at 02:38

I am using str710FZ2.

My questions are:

1.After watchdog resets the micro-processor, is there any mark to indicate this reset signal is generated by watchdog?

2. Is it possible that code can do something just before the watchdog generates reset signal?

Any comment would be useful.

Thanks and merry Christmas,

Dawei

kleshov
Associate II
Posted on December 20, 2006 at 13:44

Quote:

After watchdog resets the micro-processor, is there any mark to indicate this reset signal is generated by watchdog?

Yes, there is. It's the RCCU_CFR register.

Quote:

Is it possible that code can do something just before the watchdog generates reset signal?

No, not directly. Why would you want to, anyway? Of course, you can always use another timer to generate an interrupt when the watchdog timer is about to expire.

Regards,

- mike

daweiy
Associate II
Posted on December 20, 2006 at 20:06

Mike,

Thanks for your answers.

About the second question what I want is to record what is the value in some variables, which routine is running, etc. when system forced to reset. It will be helpful to find the problem causes the reset.

Regards,

Dawei

kleshov
Associate II
Posted on December 24, 2006 at 04:24

In this case, as I said, you can use another timer to generate an interrupt just before the watchdog timer is about to expire. You'd reload both timers periodically. I agree, it could be helpful to see if the program got stuck in an endless loop or a deadlock.

- mike

daweiy
Associate II
Posted on January 01, 2007 at 19:48

All clear, thanks man and happy new year.