Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

programming a STM32F429IG

fabricepeden
Associate II
Posted on March 21, 2017 at 14:51

Hi erverybody,

I'm programming two cards. The first has a STM32F205RG, this one functions perfectly, I can program it and do what I want (I'm using SWD connection to program my cards).

The second one has a STM32F429IG. For this one, I cannot program it. I have tried with J-LINK, ST LINK (by using IAR or ST LINK utility). The connection diagram is exactly the same as for the first board, and I have also checked all connections between connector and �C.

In enclosed documents, my main connections (PDR_ON and BYPASS_REG are not connected, I have also tried to connect them to VDD but it's the same).

If you have any suggestions (diagram, option in IAR/ST LINK), I'll be very happy.

Thank you

Regards,

Fabrice P�den

#stm32f429 #swd
5 REPLIES 5
Posted on March 21, 2017 at 15:21

Check the voltage on the VCAP pins

Check the level on NRST

If the external pod needs VTref to drive its buffers make sure that is powered.

Secondary signs-of-life would be access to the System Loader, pulling BOOT0 high, and trying USB or USART1/USART3 connectivity, per the loader documentation. On the serial port sending an 0x7F byte at 9600 8E1, expecting an 0x79 response.

An unpowered core will not be responsive.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
fabricepeden
Associate II
Posted on March 21, 2017 at 15:39

Thank you for your quick answer.

Concerning VCAP pins, the voltage is 1.137V (same voltages on both pins). Moreover, the STM32 datasheet specify 2.2µF and ESR < 2 Ohms, if the ESR is more important than 2 Ohms, can it give this kind of problem ?

NRST is @ 3V3, and goes down to 0V when I plug the JLINK.

what do you mean about external pod ?

I'll try to access to the system loader, I'll let you inform.

Thank you,

Fabrice

fabricepeden
Associate II
Posted on March 21, 2017 at 16:09

I've checked with BOOT0 @ 3V3.

I sent frames with docklight and use STM Flash Loader demonstrator, and no answer from my µC.

So, that means that the core is not powered ? But I have checked all my supplies, and they are good.

Posted on March 21, 2017 at 16:03

>>what do you mean about external pod ?

Free standing ST-LINK, J-LINK, etc

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
fabricepeden
Associate II
Posted on March 21, 2017 at 17:52

I found the solution. BYPASS_REG must be tied to VSS to be enabled.