cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add the HAL drivers directory to things STM32CubeMX should backup, please

john doe
Lead
Posted on June 18, 2017 at 21:16

When generating peripheral initialization code with the STM32CubeMX application, I can check a box to Backup Previous Files When Re-Generating and another box to Delete Previously Generated Files When Not Re-Generated

This works great for things I've added to Inc and Src.  Could we please add this respectful behavior to Drivers/STMxxxx_HAL_Driver directory? I often find myself adding things by hand.  User Code sections in hal_conf.h would be nice too.

2 REPLIES 2
Khouloud GARSI
Lead II
Posted on June 19, 2017 at 13:21

Hi

doe.john.016

Your suggestion is forwarded for our CubeMX team.

Could we please add this respectful behavior to Drivers/STMxxxx_HAL_Driver directory? User Code sections in hal_conf.h would be nice too.

-> Could you please precise for what reason you're modifying those files? Are you dealing witha bug, limitation...?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Khouloud.

Posted on June 19, 2017 at 15:15

Sometimes I add a peripheral by hand without using STM32CubeMX application. Add the HAL header file to Drivers/STM32XX_HAL_Drivers/Inc and the source file to Drivers/STM32XX_HAL_Drivers/ISrc, and uncomment it in stm32xx_hal_conf.h. Then, if I regenerate with the STM32CubeMX application, it wipes out my changes and deletes the driver files I added.