cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using DCMI in interlaced scans

Mohammad A
Senior
Posted on August 10, 2017 at 08:47

I am working on an application which requires interfacing an analog camera. I have choosed TI TVP5150AM1 to decode analog video to YCrCb 4:2:2 format and the scan format will be interlaced. As it has been mention here

http://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/training/technical/product_training/group0/90/5a/91/24/1a/14/4b/40/STM32F7_Peripheral_DCMI/files/STM32F7_Peripheral_DCMI.pdf/_jcr_content/translations/en.STM32F7_Peripheral_DCMI.pdf

DCMI is capable of working with progressive scans, but I need to use it in interlaced scan. As it uses VSYNC signal to detect the end of a frame, seems doesn't care about count of lines (whether 625 or 312), but I need to make sure that it does work with interlaced scan.

Does it work?

P.S: Ah, I need to mention that I use odd/even frames as two seperate frames, therefore it is not required to combine odd and even frames into each other to reproduce the image.

#interlaced #camera #analog #dcmi
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mohammad A
Senior
Posted on August 24, 2017 at 21:34

DCMI doesn't care about Interlaced or progressive. it does support any mode as long as the count of lines in odd and even fields don't make any problem in behaviour of related unit in continue mode

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on August 10, 2017 at 16:39

Hi

Amj.Mohammad_H

‌,

Only progressive scan is supported by STM32 DCMI.

Please refer to

http://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/application_note/group0/c0/ef/15/38/d1/d6/49/88/DM00373474/files/DM003734pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM003734pdf

for more details.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Mohammad A
Senior
Posted on August 24, 2017 at 21:34

DCMI doesn't care about Interlaced or progressive. it does support any mode as long as the count of lines in odd and even fields don't make any problem in behaviour of related unit in continue mode